FOODIE STORK'S FAVOURITES
Sls, Chateaux Marmont, Shutters on the beach, Beverly inn
Standard Downtown , Sky Bar Mondrian, The Colony, Greystone Manor
Universal Studios, NBA Game at Staplaes Center
The Grove, Rodeo Drive, 3rd Street Promanade
Watching movie at the Chinese Theatre
Local: Danny Elmaleh
If we are talking about best burgers then I’d say The Spotted Pig in NYC; greatest burger, with sharp blue cheese, the right amount of smoky-ness and juice and flavor; and the fries that come with it are made in house and they put some rosemary and garlic slices on the fries, just makes it all come together. Pasta: Delfina in San Francisco, just really great pasta there.
Favourite hotels in LA:
The Redbury Hotel is one of them; most of the time when friends come to town I recommend a place in Santa Monica, there is so much to do there and you don’t have to drive if you want to shop, go to the farmers market, beach or restaurants; something like The Fairmont, The Georgian, Shutters on the Beach.
My hidden pleasure in LA:
I started going to this Krav Maga / Cross Fit place on Olympic Blvd. in Hollywood; keeps me going, best way to start your morning.
5 favourite restaurants in the world:
- Torre del Saracino near Sorrento, Italy; The Chef is amazing, and he speaks fluent English, he told me his favorite burger is from Father’s Office.
- Sushi Kyotatsu at Tokyo Narita Airport; everything is made to order, you order scallop they pick them out of a bucket with live ones, you want lobster, you pick which one they cook
- Amber in Hong Kong; amazing all around
- Bird Land Ginza in Tokyo; says something about having a Michelin star when you only have chicken on the menu
- Yan Ting at The St. Regis in Singapore; best dim sum I think I have ever had